Women & Work
Author and Bible Teacher
This week’s episode features author and Bible teacher Jen Wilkin. Jen has organized and led studies for women in the home, church, and parachurch contexts. An advocate for Bible literacy, her passion is to see others become articulate and committed followers of Christ, with a clear understanding of why they believe what they believe, grounded in the Word of God. She also serves at The Village Church in Flower Mound, TX.
Here she discusses with Courtney and Missie:
– How she became passionate about biblical literacy and what led her to begin teaching and writing, even when she had 4 children, ages 4 and under.
– The dual callings God places in women’s lives and how to balance and be faithful in all of the areas of work and responsibility God has given us
– The complex and negotiable factors involved in the view that all women should be stay-at-home-moms if and when they become mothers
– A biblical vision for women and work and how it relates to complementarianism, taking the conversation back to Genesis and forward to the Great Commission in the New Testament
– How Christian men and women in the church are brothers and sisters instead of adversaries, and how we can begin to shift the perspective back toward more equality and mutual respect as God intended
– Encouragement for women to use their gifts in the local church
– How to think through heart issues when work becomes an idol
– How she handles criticism
For more content from Jen on the topic of women and work, view this video of her speaking at our 2019 Women & Work Forum in Birmingham, Alabama.
Ten Words to Live By: Delighting in and Doing What God Commands
God of Creation: A Study of Genesis 1-11
God of Covenant: A Study of Genesis 12-50