THE WOMEN & WORK
Meet Grace Gandy,
Our 2023 Scholarship Recipient
Grace Gandy holds a B.A. in Intercultural Studies from Southwest Baptist University and is pursuing her Masters in Business Administration at Southeastern Oklahoma State University. She is passionate about life on life discipleship and a good Kindle read. Grace is the College and Missions Associate at Trinity Baptist Church in Ada, Oklahoma.
What better way to help propel women forward into their calling than by assisting them financially as they further their education in the field of study God has called them to!
We are all on a journey as we follow the Lord’s lead in our lives, and our team is thrilled for the opportunity to come alongside women who are in this particular season of their journey- preparing for their work by continuing their education.
We know that student life is hard work… being present for class, studying, writing papers, and meeting deadlines. It’s all time-consuming and requires energy and determination to finish well. Women & Work would love to be a part of lessening that burden as we partner with women by making the financial load lighter.
The heartbeat of our team is to:
- Choose a deserving recipient
- Get to know this woman by hearing how God has led her and called her to the work she’s pursuing for His glory
- Have our Women & Work community also meet her digitally and champion her
- Help her network with other Christian women in her vocational field
- Follow her successes and pray her on through each semester until she graduates
How can you join us?
There are several ways you can be a part of the Women & Work Scholarship initiative!
We’d love for you to:
- Continue to give to our scholarship fund linked at the bottom of this page.
- Spread the word that our scholarship exists so that many women will apply
- Pray for wisdom for our scholarship selection committee to discern who our first recipient should be
- Pray for the recipient herself to be strengthened in her walk with the Lord and that she will fulfill her calling
The Women & Work Scholarship Selection Committee
Director of Scholarship and Work Done Well blog series, Women & Work
Director for Student Success and Women’s Support Coordinator, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Penney M. Smith, MSN, RN, CPHQ
Board of Directors Member and former Chairwoman, Women & Work
Soul Care Director, Graceland Church in New Albany, IN
Founder, President, and Podcast Co-host, Women & Work