Women & Work
Episode 11 Lauren Green McAfee
Ministry Investment Coordinator, Hobby Lobby
Lauren Green McAfee is a speaker, writer, and coffee enthusiast with a heart to engage others in the Bible. She is the author of Not What You Think: Why the Bible Might Be Nothing We Expected Yet Everything We Need and Only One Life: How a Woman’s Every Day Shapes an Eternal Legacy.
Lauren’s grandfather founded Hobby Lobby, and she currently works in their corporate office as the Ministry Investment Coordinator. Lauren and her husband, Michael, live in Oklahoma City and are the proud adoptive parents of their daughter Zion and soon-to-be-adopted son, known right now as E.
In this episode Lauren discusses:
– Her experience working for Hobby Lobby
– The legacy of generosity passed down from her grandfather and how that shapes the vision of Hobby Lobby today
– How her family came up with the idea and founded the Museum of the Bible in Washington, DC
– The Supreme Court trial Hobby Lobby was involved in and how that inspired her to pursue a Ph.D. in Ethics and Public Policy
– Their calling to pursue adoption and her struggle with infertility
– God’s provision when their daughter was diagnosed with cancer
Only One Life: How A Woman’s Every Day Shapes an Eternal Legacy
Not What You Think
Giving It All Away… And Getting It All Back Again
What are some ways in your life you can be more intentional to be generous?
How can you be creative within your work/home sphere to ensure you are pointing to God in all you do?
Is the Bible something you value, treasure, and continue to learn from? Are you regularly in the Word, and do you have a thirst for it? Are you regularly engaged in the Word?
Is there something you have prayed for and it feels like God is delaying?
Have you had an experience where God has granted you something after a difficult season of waiting, only for that to be compromised or taken away?
How can you be investing in things that matter to the advancement of the Kingdom of God?