Women & Work
Episode 50: Amy Whitfield
Executive Director of Communications at The Summit Church
Contributing Author to Women & Work
Connect with Amy Online
Amy Whitfield is Executive Director of Communications at The Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham. Prior to that, she served in various roles within the Southern Baptist Convention for twenty years. She co-authored the book SBC FAQs: A Ready Reference and is the co-host of the podcast SBC This Week. In 2019, she helped launch the SBC Women’s Leadership Network, and she serves as chairwoman of the board of directors of Women & Work. Amy and her husband Keith have two children and live in Wake Forest, North Carolina.
Amy wrote chapter 10 in Women & Work, entitled, “Developing and Growing Your Gifts.” In this episode, she and Courtney discuss:
– Why she is passionate about the topic of growth and development in Christian women
– How personal development is part of our design as image bearers
– The objections and hesitations many women feel toward growing in leadership
– Her encouragement to reluctant woman to move forward in personal development and leadership
– The most important advice she’s received as a woman in this area
– How the Holy Spirit is leading her own development in this season of life
Thank you for listening. If this content is helpful to you as you seek to live out your God-given calling to His glory, purchase Women & Work: Bearing God’s Image and Joining in His Mission through our Work, or donate today to help us continue to produce more inspiring content!