Women & Work
Director of Public Policy for the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission
Follow Chelsea on Social Media
Chelsea Patterson Sobolik serves as the Director of Public Policy with the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission in the Washington, D.C. office. Previously, she worked on Capitol Hill on pro-life policies, domestic and international religious freedom, adoption, and foster care issues.
Chelsea has been published at the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Gospel Coalition, Christianity Today, and others. She is the author of Longing for Motherhood – Holding onto Hope in the Midst of Childlessness, and a forthcoming book on the topic of women and work.
She has a B.A. in International Relations from Liberty University and lives in Washington, D.C. with her husband Michael.
In this episode, Chelsea discusses:
– Her experience working on Capitol Hill and the path that led her to working for the ERLC
– Trusting and seeking the Lord when pursuing career opportunities
– How all of our work matters to God and can make an impact for God’s Kingdom
– Advocating for policies that help people flourish is a way to love our neighbor
– Finding rest by reorienting our hearts and minds towards Christ and acknowledging that we are limited and need rest
– The various seasons of life women experience and the danger of comparing your season to someone else’s season
– Her struggle with infertility and the path that led her and her husband to pursue adoption
As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.