Episode 10 Michelle Stratton
This week’s episode features Michelle Stratton, an attorney in Houston, TX whose practice focuses on complex civil, commercial, and white-collar criminal litigation and appeals.
Before entering private practice, Michelle served as law clerk to Associate Justice Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court of the United States and to Judge Edith Jones on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Michelle is married to Brandon, has 3 kids whom she homeschools part-time, and is a member at Christ Community Church in Houston.
In this episode, Michelle discusses:
– The path that led her to become a lawyer and how she images God through her work
– Her God-given gifts and aptitudes that prepared her for the work God has given her as a lawyer
– The value and importance of having wise mentors and people affirming gifts when choosing a career path
– Her experience working for the Supreme Court and how God used her time in DC to grow her and her husband’s faith
– How she views her work in litigation as an instrument of God’s common grace towards mankind
– How she sees her role as wife, mom, and lawyer through a complementarian lens
– The importance for all women to have community with one another, no matter if they are single, married, working full-time, part-time, or as a stay-at-home mom
Perspectives on Your Child’s Education: